Getting started with Workflows
Workflows are composed of conditions, operators, and actions. You'll create "if" and "then" statements to perform actions on conversations. For example, if the subject contains "Feature Request", then add a tag Feature Request, assign to user HelpNinja. Workflows can be either manual or automatic.
Automatic workflows will always run in the background. They check new and existing conversations for matching conditions, then carry out one or more specified actions automatically. Automatic workflows will only run one time on a single conversation.
A Manual workflow can be triggered in the conversation view. When you apply a manual workflow, HelpNinja performs all the actions you told it to. Look for the icon in the conversation view in order to run a manual workflow.
Creating new workflows
To create a workflow, open a mailbox and head to Settings → Workflows.
Note: By default, only Administrators can create and manage workflows.
Open a mailbox and go to Mailbox Settings > Workflows.
- Enter a name and select Manual or Automatic. If you're creating a manual workflow, you won't need to specify conditions since it only triggers when you click on it.
- If you're creating an automatic workflow, add conditions to the workflow. Select the appropriate operator.
- On the Actions page, decide what you want your workflow to do when matching conversations are found.
- Review your workflow on the summary page, and activate it when you’re ready.
Using multiple conditions
Workflows have two types of conditions AND and OR.
- Adding an AND condition means that your first condition must be true AND the second condition must also be true. Click the +AND text to add a new AND condition.
- Adding an OR condition means only one of your OR conditions needs to be true. Click on the +OR text to add a new OR condition.
You can add multiple conditions to a single workflow. Also, you can even combine AND/OR conditions.